Disfiguring burns are a regular aliment we are seeing in patients on this mission. A common cause seems to be people caught in the explosion of kerosene stoves.
Dishon is 29 years old. Four years ago, a kerosene kettle stove blew up in front of him and he was caught in the flames. Since then, he’s had 3 surgeries. Rotaplast performed his forth surgery to release his right elbow and thumb so that he may regain the use of both.
Here Dr. Ana and Irene change Dishon’s dressing before discharge from the hospital
At 16, Abirami set herself on fire. Today, she is a young woman of 19 with scars over her entire body. She is unable to open her mouth wide enough to function. Rotaplast performed a z plasty to the sides of her mouth to help her mouth function better.